1. Sandstorm - TDU Rent-a-mentor Project: I worked on a sandstorm simulation for my tdu rent-a-mentor course. There are a lot of microsolvers used in this project, mostly for masking turbulence, dissipation and other forces. The plants are simulated using wires and tiny debris are simulated with particles, all extra elements are advected using a low resolution version of the simulation.
2. Iceberg Waterfall - Personal Project: I simulated around 80 million FLIP water particles for the main waterfall and around 30 million for the ocean in separate simulations. In addition to that amount I also simulated air particles, which are causing most of the interesting movement in the FLIP sim. I also modified the FLIP solver's droplet detection method, it wouldn't recognize the water droplets because there were always air particles around the water particles and sometimes particles would get stuck in the air.
3. Force Field - FXPHD HOU212 Course Project: What I wanted from the effect was a force field forming from particles thrown from the character's hand and the idea was that when the character stomps on the rune the spell is activated. After the spell is over the rune disappears. The project's focus was on designing your own force field effect from scratch. I did everything except the character animation.
4. Hevisaurus - Explosion: I did the smoke, debris and spark simulation in Houdini. There's also an additional layer of spark stock footage composited on top.
5. Hevisaurus - Smell Effect: I created a volume deformation tool in Houdini that was used in several shots with similar effects.
6. Hevisaurus - Fire Breathing: I created a Houdini tool that controlled the fire breathing effect. A curve had to be created that particles would follow (volume advection) and the particles were used as fuel for the fire.